AlManarah offers dynamic internship opportunities for university students and postgraduates seeking substantive and meaningul work experience in the areas of human rights, international development, and non-profit management. Currently, our organization is seeking an intern to take a leading role in the following areas:
• International Media: writing articles about AlManarah's projects in English-language media sources; researching and reviewing international news and academic research that is relevant to AlManarah's work; promoting AlManarah's worldwide impact through English-language social media
• International Advocacy: research, review, and preparation of information and materials for different advocacy efforts; coordinating meetings with representatives of international organizations; communication and follow-up as necessary to strengthen each partnership and coalition
• Resource Development: identification of foundations that support causes similar to AlManarah's; maintenance of information about foundations and updated timetables to keep track of all deadlines; preparation of interim and final reports to the foundations as required by the contracts; communication and follow-up with foundation representatives to request clarifications and provide information as necessary
• Teaching English as a Second Language: conducting weekly classes for adults with visual disabilities, one class for beginners and one class for intermediate learners; adapting previously-used syllabi to the needs and interests of the students
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Passion for social justice and disability rights.
• Respect for people of diverse cultures and abilities.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
• University graduate or currently studying toward a degree.
• Fluency in English.
• Arabic and Hebrew are not required, but preference will be given to applicants who speak one or both.
• People with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
This internship is truly one of a kind. You will learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit management; you will acquire essential preparation for a career in advocacy or human rights; you will grow personally and professionally in a dynamic working environment; you will benefit from the mentorship of senior leaders in the field, but you will also have the independence to find your own niche at AlManarah and make your ideas into realities. Most importantly, you will make an impact in improving the lives of thousands of people with disabilities belonging to the Arab minority in Israel.
Outside of work, you will live in and come to love the beautiful city of Nazareth. The city is, of course, renowned as Jesus's hometown; it is less well-known that Nazareth is the largest Arab city in Israel and a center of Palestinian culture, politics, and art, with a vibrant community of local youth activists and an incredibly rich history. The hospitality extended to foreigners is unparalleled, and the small size of the expat community means that you will be rapidly integrated with the local culture. If learning Arabic is a priority for you, there are few better places to live.
This internship is a golden opportunity for anybody interested in disability advocacy, minority rights, social justice, and Israel/. For further information, please call +972-58-689-7651 or email email@example.com. We look forward to reviewing your application, and welcoming you to the team!