This project focuses on developing the skills of people with disabilities in Arab society in the field of social theater. As part of the project, social theater workshops are held for people with disabilities, which lead into a variety of theater performances.
AlManarah believes that one of the tools for raising awareness of people with disabilities and revealing their immense skills is through developing their acting skills. AlManarah develops the social theater that works for the troupe, from within the troupe and on behalf of the individuals who make up the troupe. It is a space that combines theatrical and dramatic works with personal and group content. The time and place where this connection takes place vary according to its participants.
The objectives of our project are as follows:
- Increasing social awareness in all matters related to the special needs of people with disabilities in Arab society.
- Changing stigmas and stereotypes towards this group.
- Recognition of the qualities and skills of the community of people with disabilities in Arab society, as well as their ability to contribute to society. Rather than being seen just as “people with disabilities,” our community is one of “people with unique abilities.”
- Empowering people with disabilities in Arab society belonging to different age groups, in order to develop a cohesive personality, self-confidence, and self-esteem, all while developing and nurturing their talents in acting and theater.
- Increasing the interaction between people with disabilities so that each individual can contribute to each other both for support and in life.
- Expanding the horizons of people with disabilities through exposure to areas and activities that may not yet be accessible to them.